Electricians’ Tax Safe Plan campaign

February 29th, 2012  |  Published in Uncategorized

Source: HMRC Website

If you are working in the electrical industry, have not told HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) about all your income and now want to get your tax affairs back on track, use the Electricians’ Tax Safe Plan (ETSP). An electrician is anyone who installs, maintains and tests electrical systems, equipment and appliances under stringent safety regulations.

If you are an electrician this guide explains how you can tell HMRC of your previously undisclosed income and pay what you owe.

Who can use the Electricians’ Tax Safe Plan

If you are an electrician and you’ve not yet told HMRC that you have started working for yourself or you’ve not disclosed all your income, you probably won’t have paid the right amount of tax. If that’s the case, you can use the ETSP to help get your tax affairs up to date.

If you take part in this campaign and tell HMRC about any income that you haven’t previously disclosed:
you may only have to pay for a maximum of six tax years.
you can tell HMRC how much penalty you should pay
you may be able to pay what you owe by instalments

It’s basically a ‘fresh start’. You can stop worrying about what might happen when HMRC find out that you’ve not been telling them about all of your income. It’s a chance to start getting things right from now on, whilst knowing exactly how much it’s going to cost to sort out things for earlier years.

How to notify HMRC under the ETSP

To take advantage of this campaign you must:
Notify HMRC of your intention to take part in the campaign by 15 May 2012. This is a simple process and can be done online, by phone or by post. At this stage you only need to tell HMRC that you will be making a disclosure.
Once you have done this, you must make your disclosure and pay what you owe by 14 August 2012.

If you want to take advantage of this scheme, ring Woodford & Co, now.

Comments are closed.